1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS to DVD on Tevion VS-USB2800D DVD maker.

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Tasumu, May 21, 2005.

1. Tasumu

Tasumu Guest

Having problems with a Tevion VS-USB2800D DVD maker. The installation apparently went fine. My USB host controllers are up to date. I have installed the device on a USB 2.0 port. I have installed PVR but the screen remains blank. The VCR is connected via a scart lead (at one end) and a red white and yellow cable at (the other end). I have not connected the S-video lead. My PC is an intel pentium 4 (2.6 Ghz) with 512 of RAM. What am I doing wrong?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Have you selected the Correct inputs in the Capture software?? Meaning if you are captureing through the "RCA/Composite" inputs on the device you have to select these in the capture software...

You are the second Person who has wrote in about this exact same device in the last week or so...The other person couldn"t get it to work properly either and from what I have read about this device it is a terrorable Capture device like most all USB non-Hardware encoding devices are....

I would suggest that you take the device Back were you bought it and Pick up either an Internal PCI capture card or if you Must have an external device get one that uses Hardware Compression because the USB Bandwidth is Limited so without Hardware Compression the Quality it will produce will be Not very good....

There are some extremely good devices you can get(Internal PCI) for under $100 and there are some fairly good USB hardware Encoder Devices you can get for about the same Price....

I have see the "Tevion VS-USB2800D DVD Maker" for sale on e-bay for under $20 and as the Old addage goes you get what you pay for so if you want less problems and better quality then you had better Invest a Little more money and get a Better device...

If you want I can leave you some Links to a few different Internal PCI or externam USB Capture device that should suit your needs....

Cheers