1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vhs to dvd-ram to mpeg. How do I create a high quality mpeg?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by nrk4594, Apr 14, 2004.

1. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

I've tried to convert vhs tapes to dvd-ram then to mpeg but I can never get a high quality mpeg. The audio and video are not syncronized and the video itself isn't of high quality.

With dvd-r's I just use dvd decrypter and create an IFO file and import the IFO into No.1 DVD Ripper and that will create a high quality mpeg.

However, with dvd-ram discs, dvd decrypter can't create an IFO file. The dvd-ram disc itself has on it VR_MANGR.BUP, VR_MANGR.IFO, and VR_MOVIE.VRO. The VR_MANGR.IFO won't import into No.1 DVD Ripper and when I rename VR_MOVIE.VRO to mpeg, the mpeg isn't of high quality. I've also tried TMPGEnc DVD Author, and the resulting mpeg is bad. I tried to use dvd lab, but I can't even figure out how to use that program.

Is there another program I should try ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

It seems Your Problem is that the Movie on the DVD Ram disk that you recorded the VHS tapes from has Terrorable Quality....
    Renameing the .VRO file to .mpg does absolutly nothing to the Quality and Tmpgenc DVD author does not have a Built in encoder so it can not affect the Quality in any Way so the Problem has to be that the Movie has bad quality in the First Place and there is nothing you can do about that....Cheers