1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vhs to dvd To PeainApod

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by donewell, Dec 14, 2007.

1. donewell

donewell Regular member

I have many home made 2Hr. vhs tapes i want to put on dvd. My question is , to get the best quality should i capture them in a high bit rate and convert to vob files then run them through recode to make them fit a single layer disk. Or just lower the bit rate at the capture to where they will fit and by pass recode. Which way would give me the best, or is it the same? I'm using an ads dvd express with capwiz. the vcr hooks to it then it hooks to pc via usb.

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

hey donewell you still there? I just happened to stumble upon this thread and if you still need help let me know.

3. donewell

donewell Regular member

@ PeaInAPod
    Thanks for coming aboard. I'm not having any problems doing what i want to do, I was just looking for a second opion as to what you think would be the best way, i have asked about in my post.
    any ideas would be welcome.
    Thanks

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Without a doubt the best way is to capture the outputted video at the highest bitrate/resolution/etc. possible. And I personally recommend VirtualDub for video capturing it is a fast and efficient program.

5. donewell

donewell Regular member

Thanks I will give that a try, Thanks again