1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS to DVD???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mimi1, May 17, 2004.

1. mimi1

mimi1 Member

What is the best way for me to convert protected vhs movies to dvd? I have xcopyxpress, hp dvd movie writer dc3000, Sonic myDVD and I also have a DVD writer built in to my computer, which has windows xp. I've tried to us these products but am having no luck. I can get the movie to my hard drive but can't get it to dvd.

2. pastyboyz

pastyboyz Guest

The program I have seen is Ulead Movie Factory. I will take a AVI, or MPEG file and make a DVD very well.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

4. roberson

roberson Guest

Purchase a Sima model CT-2 Digital Video Enhancer and Duplicator box. Place the video out cable from your VHS player to the input of the Sima box and the video out from this box to the input of your recoder. This box will strip the codes from the VHS tapes allowing you to copy without any problems. www.simacorp.com. Can be purchased from Circuit City stores.
    Hope this will help. roberson

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The copy protection on VHS tapes is usually Macrovision. An in-line box to remove this costs about $50. Just do a search for Macrovision removers. It goes in line on the video out from the VCR to your video in of what ever capture device you are going to use to get the signal to your computer. Also works most times the other way if you want to record a DVD to VHS tape.

Jerry

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

To mimi 1: I have the HP dc 4000 and have no problems at all with vhs because you can do the entire process from your writer with the vhs player plugged directly into it using Arcsoft Showbiz 2(except sometimes the macrovision blocks it. I found a way around that by using an older model vhs player which doesn't read the protection codes). Got an old vhs player laying around.....