1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by netbutch, Sep 15, 2004.

1. netbutch

netbutch Member

Okay, I have tried just about every possible avenue to copy my VHS to DVD. I have a macro vision remover, I have a Dazzle going into my computer, I have pinnicle studio 8, DVDxCOPY w/ Ripper, and a DVD writer. my problem is simple, I cannot get my VHS movies onto DVD.

Any one who has a guide, an idea, or a notion on how to REALLY do this, I would appreciate it. I think I have heard just about every scenario, and none of them are working.

thanks in advance.
    ~NetButch

2. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

Yes I would like to do the same. I am new to vhs to dvd so I dont realy know where to start and what hardware I would need to accomplish this.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi there, We need a little more information first. How far are you getting into the process? Are you getting the VHS into the computer and if so what format are the files showing as. If they are AVI files, try this guide.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm
    Hope this helps some.

Jerry

4. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

I am completely NEW at this stuff. I have only dealt with "backing" up dvds and ps2 games. Also what I would like to be able to do is record from TV to Comp to DVD.

5. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Hey guys the easiest way to transfer vhs to dvd in my opinion is to use a program called DVDXpress by ADS Tech. This program contains all the hardware and software you need to transfer vhs tapes to dvd. I found the program at Wal-Mart for $78.00. I beleive you can find it on the net for $137.00. This program is also simple to use too. You simply copy your vhs tape from a vcr to a video_ts folder or in my case neros video caption folder. Then you take this file and burn it to dvd and woola
    you have transferred your vhs tape to dvd. There is another route to do this but I recommend this one first.