1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tiggerme, Oct 5, 2004.

1. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

i'm using leadtek's WinFastTV200XP Deluxe to try and capture the movie (from vhs)to a direct DVD burn and its not working. Any suggestions....
    I'm not getting any error messages, it also says its closing the dvd, but will not play on my sony dvd player.

thanks

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

give a break this forum is hard enough

3. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

sorry, I know other members have asked similiar questions about VHS to DVD. Leadtek says that their PVR will direct burn to DVD....I'm not seeing it and wondering if anyone else is having the same problem:)

4. Jefferey

Jefferey Guest

Tigger, I have been doing PVR to DVD for the past 4 days now,, and works perfect.. BUT I copy from the PVR to my hard drive then Author it with TMPGEnc and its working great so far,, I have also done VHS as well..the one problem I would see is that a 2.5 hour PVR movie will NOT fit onto a DVD without shrinking it first,, been there done that as well.. the 90 min moves seem to fit OK tho..Like I say I am VERY new at this stuff
    Jeff
    Jeff

5. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

Jeff

thanks for the reply. guess i'll have to get the TMPGEnc. Just dissapointed that WinFastTV2000XP would'nt work as they said.

thanks again

Tigger

6. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

I have found the solution to my problem:

using winfasttv2000xp deluxe i copy to hdd

drag & drop into ulead and save "trimmed movie"

click "share"

output disk format dvd

add video

create disc image

open dvdshrink

open file and click "burn tmp"

after analysing click "reauthor"

either double click or drag title 1 to your dvdshrink on l/s (compilation side)

click "backup"

thats it....i did not get in depth of process but that should help out anyone who needs a boost. its a long process and there maybe a quicker solution. i'm to cheap to purchase tmpgenc and wanted to use the software i have.

as a after thought mr gringle... if u have nothing to offer but sarcasm...maybe you should rest your fingers and not type anything

Tigger

7. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

I also have the WinfastXP 2000 Tv Tuner Card the steps you used seem so easy. My question is what exact software did you use to authore the DVD? I have a few Ulead software that came with it. Thanks

8. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

xxnonamex

I used Ulead VideoStudio 7 SE DVD to author

tigger

9. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@tiggerme, I also have a WinFast2000XP and I have just converted 9x 3hour vhs video to DVD. I downloaded toHD in MPEG2 format and then I burnt to DVD5 using only NeroVisionExpress3 with no apparent difficulties. I have only just completed the last video a couple of days ago. A couple I tried something different and used DivxToDVD and burnt withCopyToDVD...2 I used TMPGEncDVD and put in some subtitles. Hey tiggerme I have just read your comments to Gringle, I think you should show some respect as I think he is right this is not the correct forum. Grow up.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  10. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

I have my VHS onto my HD which I used Winfast 2000/XP deluxe to do. My problem is when I place the video into the DVDLAB PRO program I get these errors: Wrong Frame Size? 640 X 480, FPS 29.97, Aspect 4:3, What did I do wrong? Thanks

11. Gringle

Gringle Guest

@xxnonamex I find this resurrection of a thread over a year old somewhat surprising.
    However a quick google search tells me the program is anamorphic, so one would think changing from 4.3 to 16.9 childs play.. for a program of this ones cost. [approx $200.00]

I do however fully endorse Gwendolines earlier comment! We have a DVD t' VHS forum. Why isn't the question asked there?

And as for, my own from comments from that year; when as a struggling junior member; I queried, why anyone, should (prattle) on about problems that the vast majority of newbies, find beyond their ken?
    One can only think....tis' a lllooookkksseee at me thang?
    If our own VHS to DVD forum can't help? I've put a link to another forum below.

if it helps I've also included the definition of anamorphic?

Relating to, having, or producing different optical imaging effects along mutually perpendicular radii: an anamorphic lens.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DVD-lab_PRO

regards :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2005
  12. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

I am using the Ulead Video Studio program. How can I cut certain parts out? Also when I apply a Title I can't change the color for some odd reason. I would like to put 4 VHS onto a DVD movie.