1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by denniscam, Nov 13, 2004.

1. denniscam

denniscam Member

could anyone of you experts (I know your there please) tell me in easy to understand language (Im a bit on the old side) how to convert some of my old video tapes to DVD, I have DVD copy platinum
    , shrink,Region free, software on my computer but how do I get to record video, plus I have now got Video Vault, (claims you can save several movies to one DVD but on my try it tells me movie is to large to fit on one dvd need help again there ite does not help)
    DC

2. 12256180

12256180 Member

Hi Denniscam -

Don't know if this will help, but here goes.

I've transferred VHS to PC/DVD using a mini DV camcorder. You plug the red/yellow/white audio/video leads into the TV & the AV jack into the AV-in socket on the DV camcorder. You press play on the VCR & REC on the camcorder. The footage is then digitised.
    It's now ready to go into yr video editing program on yr PC. You then burn it to DVD.

Another method works but only if you have s-video out (on your VCR) and s-video in (on your graphics/capture card) on yr PC. You will also need to capture audio separately as (I'm told) s-video doesn't carry sound.

The mini DV camcorder method worked fine for me. If you haven't got one, see if you can borrow one (& the relevant leads).

Good luck.