1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vhs to dvd

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by ko4gunc, Dec 22, 2004.

1. ko4gunc

ko4gunc Member

I currently own some vhs instructional tapes. I feel the need to make a backup copy as a protection against tape breakage. The tape is encrypted with copy protection from macrovision. Is there a simple way to buy a device that will do this with a vhs dvd burner, or something simple.

ko4gunc

2. permatex

permatex Regular member

if you use a vcr to plav the vhs ,yhen you would need a clarifier.go to facetvideo.com and check them out.

3. RIVO

RIVO Guest

Just wanted to give my 2 cents. I was having a hard time trying to duplicate copyrighted VHS to DVD. I finally got it to work. Using an external hp dvd writer dc5000 (199.00), and a SIMA CopyThis Digital Video Enhancer Duplicator Model CT-1 (69.00). I backed up a full protected movie in color into a DVD.
    really good copies made... i'm very pleased!! If you want to duplicate protected VHS to DVD. I will recommend buying these 2 items. Any writer with analog inputs(RCA) will do. and also the video enhancer Model CT-1.

4. permatex

permatex Regular member

where can the video enhancer be purchased? and how much.

5. RIVO

RIVO Guest

Purchase CopyThis! Digital Video Enhancer and Duplicator Model CT-1 made by SIMA for $69.00 US.
    I backed up another full copy protected VHS. But this time I connected the enhancer in between my vhs player and Digital camcorder. And copied the movie into Hi8 8mm tape and then connected my camcorder with the recorded movie to the external writer, HP dvd dc5000 purchased for 199.00. The result is DVD quality movie. Outstanding.

6. RIVO

RIVO Guest

Purchase CopyThis! Digital Video Enhancer and Duplicator Model CT-1 made by SIMA for $69.00 US, at FRY's Electronics. Can be purchased at any major electronics store. Maybe bestbuy, Compusa or Radio Shack.

7. ko4gunc

ko4gunc Member

Ok, I purchased the Clarifier SX, a new model.

What would be a good DVD Recorder to purchase to go with my Sony VHS/DVD combo player?

tmc

8. permatex

permatex Regular member

i would go with the hp dc4000 or dc5000 movie writer.you can convert vhs movies to dvd with no sweat.right now im using the dc4000 and have not had the time to find out what all this machine and program can do,im too buisy converting about sevent vhs movies to dvd,so far thirty one done with no problems worth speaking of.

9. ko4gunc

ko4gunc Member

You gave me good advice. Bought the dc5000. Found that it will not work, as you said, unless 2.0 port. Called Dell for my laptop 2 yrs old. Got 2.o card to make dc5000 work with laptop, only 38 dollars.

Thanks

tmc