1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vhs to dvd

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by bookdiva, Feb 2, 2005.

1. bookdiva

bookdiva Member

Question. I hope someone can guide me in the correct direction. I copyed a commercial dvd to a blank vhs tape. Then I tried to copy my copied vhs tape to a blank dvd on my emerson dvd recorder. Yet I got a copy protected message which prevents me from recording. I guess I don't understand how the copy protection can still be in place on my copied vhs tape. How can I burn the dvd from my tape?

Thanks in advance all who should answer.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I guess when you Transfered the DVD to VHS the Macrovision also cot Coppied over....

Why are you doing it this way?? You are going from DVD to VHS and then from VHS to DVD when all you needed to do in the First Place to copy the original DVD is to Put it into your DVD Drive on your PC useing something like DVD-Shrink to Copy it to a DVD for you, and this Could have been done in about 30 minutes and without looseing the Menu"s and without Looseing very much Quality.....

The only way to Remove copy protections from a VHS Tape is to use what is called a "Video Stabilizer" which will remove the Macrovision copy Protection....

If you still have the Original DVD you wanted a Copy of then I suggest you do it the easy way useing something like "DVD-Shrink" which is Freeware...

Cheers

3. bookdiva

bookdiva Member

Thank you for that info. I just wanted to copy my DVD for a backup...and being that my PC is ancient and I don't have a dvd burner drive I thought that way would do the job. Guess not.

I will look into the stabilizer until I can upgrade the PC.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can Upgrade your Present PC to a Aprox 2.0ghz to 2.5ghz for about $150 or less if you do it your self..

Just look on E-Bay for a Motherboard/CPU combo and Install it yourself as it would Cost Much More than that you get a Shop to do it for you and Putting together a PC is Pretty simple for the Most Part...

You can also Find a DVD Burner on ebay for about $60...

Cheers