1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vhs to dvd

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by austindol, Feb 22, 2005.

1. austindol

austindol Member

how do i do it???

2. permatex

permatex Regular member

to austindol-cyberlink has a program called powerproducer-3,this program will allow you to transfer vhs tapes to dvd.you woll need a capture cardand a vcr.if you have quite a few vhs tapes to transfer to dvd i would recommend a hewlett packard dc5000 movie writer,this dvd writer sells for 199.00 at hp.com,this unit is basically a dvd writer with a built in capture card and comes with cables and program needed to transfer vhs to dvd.this is an external drive connected to the computer by a usb connection.you will also need a clarifier from facetvideo.com.the claeifier ia a small electronic box connected to the video cable to kill the copyright protection.

3. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

I capture VHS to DVD (home movies) by using my Leadtek Winfast TV 2000 Expert for $50 dollars on New Egg. Hook up VCR to TV capture card, record with included software WinFast PVR, and burn DVD with whatever dvd authoring you wish. I use DVD Movie Factory 3 SE only because it came with my DVD burner. (not too fast but price is right).

However you can also capture video into Window XP Maker 2 , and then burn directly to dvd I think.

Others probably do things differently depending on what software they have.