1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vice City and GTA 3 are not running smooth on PC? Why?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by suarez44, Sep 5, 2003.

1. suarez44

suarez44 Member

I have GTA 3 and GTA VC, and they both do not run smooth on my PC, and my pc has 2.2GHZ, and 128 RAM, now i know that is a crappy amount of RAM, but at least for GTA 3 it only ask for a min. of 96MB and 128+ for max. No graphics card, could that be it, or do you think I need more RAM? I even have lowered stuff down in the option menu, the draw distance and all that stuff. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    C.J.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I recommend you up your total system ram to 512 and and a nVidia GeForce4 128 meg graphic card or ATI equivilent m8. This way you can at least play Command& Conquer Generals with very little problems. Mobo support 8x (AGP)?

Shoey :)

3. suarez44

suarez44 Member

Shoey,
    Are there any sites or stores that you recommend to get this all, i've checked a few places and they are a bit pricey, I know this stuff is not gonna be cheap, but i am wanting to get the best price possible. Please Help!

Thanks,
    C.J.

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Well if your mobo supports 8x (AGP) then take a good look at this MSI video card. If your mobo only suppots 4x (AGP) then search evga or Jayton for nVidia(GeForce4) based chipset video cards m8.

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/vga/vga/pro_vga_detail.php?UID=446

Note than most new mobo's that run 8x (AGP)=3.0 also support 4x AGP=2.0. Check your users manual (if applicable) and the video card you're considering to purchase as well.

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2003
  5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

And yes AGP3.0 (that's 8X AGP) is backwards compatible with AGP2.0 (4X AGP) and that MSI card is an excellent buy for that price.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2003