1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video and audio not syncing

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by cakefoo, Feb 3, 2004.

1. cakefoo

cakefoo Member

I have a TV card, and wish to record video live. The only codec I can ever record without sync problems is WMV. With all other codecs, the video quality can get higher and more accurate, but the audio synchronization goes out after 30 seconds. I don't want to download a program that has to recapture and re-render the video.
    The main thing is this- when I buy something, I expect it to be worth my money, and worthy of my satisfaction. I don't feel that we as consumers need to hassle with the sync problems by purchasing other programs.

I have a Leadtek Winfast2000 Deluxe tuner, with the tv tuner software they provide, with all updated drivers.

2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Try using a different TV capture program like WinDVR or Power VCR II. Another thing you might want to try is using a DVD software like WinDVD or Power DVD etc. to see if there are sync problems with the mpegs you captured using the Leadtek software. Maybe the sync issues are the result of the filters/media player software you are using.

3. cakefoo

cakefoo Member

Is there any version of software that I can demo for free?

4. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

All of the titles I mentioned should have free demos. Do a Google search to find them.

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Sync Problem are usually Due to your Sound Card not your TV Card...Some software can compensate for the Time Lag between your Sound card and your TV Card, one Good One which is also the Best program for Mpeg2 capture is WinDVR 3.0.....