1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video and music problems

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by boshortt, Feb 6, 2012.

1. boshortt

boshortt Member

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me with music and video stutterine when playing back , year old computer running windows 7 , haven't had any problems before, i am not very computer literate but downloaded any new versions that needed it but still no joy, doing my head in lol

2. keebles

keebles Regular member

1) Wrong category
    2) What media player are you using
    3) What media format/file format are you playing

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a "p2p software" issue.

4. boshortt

boshortt Member

hi and thanks for the reply, i am using the windows media player, and it happens on all my types of file or format, in music and video, and even if i test the speakers, i have downloaded all relevant drivers but still no joy

5. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

You still didn't answer the 3rd question. Are they .mp3's, .mp4, wav, .ogg, .wma? Extensions like that.

6. keebles

keebles Regular member

Sounds like maybe one of your plugins might be currupt. Try downloading vlc media player and see if it does the same thing. If not, then one of windows media players plugins are corrupted.

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You say you never had issues before is this with the files you mention here or other earlier ones or are these new downloads of bluray encodes

install klite full & vlc as previously mentioned attempt to run the video,be sure task manager shows no other back ground processes running

are your videos of hd content does your graphic card support 720p or higher or are you using onboard

list specs of your machine
    cpu 32 or 64bit single or multi core
    RAM amount
    Graphic card make & model

install mediainfo from software section it will put itself in the right click context menu which can provide info on any file you right clik on it will give you the info the others have asked for so copy & paste

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012