1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Capture Freezing

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by JT_01, Jan 15, 2005.

1. JT_01

JT_01 Member

I just built a new computer to help me with the loads of power that video editing uses. The problem that I am running into is when I go to capture video it freezes up totally where I cannot even end process it. I am able to view the video in the preview screen, but not able to capture. This does happen with more than one program. Currently I am using Pinnacle Studio Plus, but have tried others such as Ulead 7.0. I as well have tried a couple different capture cards.
    I am running a 3.4 w/HT 2gb ddr2 PC4300 Ram on an ASUS P5AD2 MB. When I capture it is to a seperate Serial ATA HDD. Can anyone help me! I'm getting really frustrated here.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well all I can suggest without knowing more about your system is to First un-Install the Drivers for your Capture device and then Re-install them possibly with any Updated drivers....

You can also try Dissableing the "Preview" when Captureing and Make sure your Video card supports Overlay which Most do.....

Cheers

3. JT_01

JT_01 Member

I just did it with no luck. Wow, this is really frustrating. The only thing else that I can think of is that there was a bad install of Windows. Other than that, I'm stumped. Is there anything else you would like to know about the situation to better assist me? If so, just let me know. I'm up for anything right now.

4. btfjf

btfjf Member

I'm having a variation of your problem. Mine downloads ok, but in the edit window (of Nero ultra 6) the picture plays back as if it is a slide show.Strange thing is, though, in Windows Movie maker, the picture plays back with no problem.I've upgraded the various components of my system with the various manufacturer's to no avail.I am still waiting for Craig Campbell(afterdawn senior member and Nero EE) to get back to me with a solution.(I guess he's tied up with the recent Nero updates).You may want to keep an eye on my post about this at: http://forums.afterdawn.com/private_thread.cfm?thread_id=25201