1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Capture Help

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by walnut187, Apr 27, 2005.

1. walnut187

walnut187 Member

I recently purchased a capture card for my pc and it came with software that will allow me to capture in mpeg-1, mpeg-2, vcd,svcd,dvd,avi,mpeg-4. I recorded a clip in dvd but it was saved as a mpeg file type. What I want to know is should I use a different program with my capture card it will allow me to capture up to 30 frames per second. What bitrate should I use? I want the backup to be as good as the vhs or better. My pc has a AMD XP2400 thoroughbred 2.0 ghz proc., 512 ram. I just need a list of what I need to download some specs that work good for one of you guys and how Imay convert it to dvd. I know its alot to ask, but afterdawn is the only place I ever get real answers. Thanks in advance!

2. pfh

pfh Guest

So far I've been getting good results with a VBR of ~6000kbs @720x480 or 352x480. Save as mpeg 2 for dvd spec and authoring in Dvd Lab. Audio is ac3 always.

3. walnut187

walnut187 Member

Ok cool I will give that a try.