1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video card DILEMMA!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by global893, Oct 9, 2007.

1. global893

global893 Member

damn! nice website. u know anymore like those? they have the 7600
    for $173 and it required a minimum of 350W power supply and of course everything else i have! and today i got 1 more GB of ram so i am at 2GB and finally! do i really need to upgrade to 3.2GHz? i tried finding a P4 3.2GHz but its not on any of the sites i know. so wat do u recommend?

2. global893

global893 Member

i found this but its $209 how do i know it'll work on my cpu?Pentium 4

3. morguex

morguex Guest

4. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Well if you're runnning a P4 below 3.0Ghz, chances are its a socket 478, which doesnt support duel cores, only P4s, and that all you can get. If you buy a new mobo, you can get a 775 duel core, or quad core.

Btw, the one you found for $204 is a socket 775, which wont work. The highest you can get is a 3.2 I believe. I cant seem to find one right now, but this one should be fine:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116027

5. morguex

morguex Guest

6. global893

global893 Member

see the problem with gettin a new mobo and stuff is that its just like buying a new cpu. if u total it all up its gonna be about $500. y not just get a new comp for $300 and upgrade a couple of things and thas it! but thas if ur a hardcore gamer! i and just gonna play games here and there. not even everyday! i hope u get wat i am tryin to say. now i have 2 GB of ram and just need the card and processor. NCIX doesn't have a p4 processor but they do have the 7600. i wanted to buy them together to save money but i guess i can't. so wats do i do now!

7. morguex

morguex Guest

Well, what you can do is just get the 7600gs for now, The processor will bottneck it some what, but it'll be better than what you have now.
    Or you can just live with the 9200 for now and just keep saving til you have enough for a new MOBO, processor and a pci-e card.
    The problem you have is that if you buy the agp card, your just buying old technogly.
    I would just save up til you have enough to do a proper upgrade.

8. global893

global893 Member

ok u know wat. i'll stick with this for now. and prolly look for just a new dual core or quad core CPU that might be on sale on boxing day or somthin. and if i need to i'll upgrade it little bit and thas it. just final question. my current CPU has DDR2-400 RAM, do the new dual core/quad core CPUs support this type of ram?

9. global893

global893 Member

hey is this possible: intel core 2 duo in 478 socket! i found it at this site