1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Card heat sink

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by dart2000, Aug 8, 2007.

1. dart2000

dart2000 Member

i have a GX FX5500 258MB DDR TV DVI
    i love it works like a dream But the fan on it has stoped many times i just spin it up and keep an eye on the temp with a probe but the last time i did it the fan went all wobley and would not move the air
    dose any one know were or if i can get a replacement it's over 2 years old so i don't think there is a warenty on it any more

2. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

a lot of the graphics cards use a standard size fan with a standard power connector so in theory you could just pick up a peice of crap card from a pc junk shop for a couple of bucks and fit it to your card.

Having said that 'a lot' doesnt mean all so it may not be an option for you.

BTW: My FX5200s fan just packed up and as the fan housing was made of metal I have chosen to disoconnect the power cable and am using the dead fan as a heatsink instead - no problems yet... finger crossed!