1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Card Thread (Mostly Gecube x1950xt)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Waymon3X6, Jun 28, 2007.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

monitor, the HP L3065, 30" monitor.

2. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

It's HP now, I thought you were a Dell fan-boy. Or are they made by the same company?

3. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Yeah, I've heard of a paraffin lantern - still mostly the word to me means wax.

4. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

abuzar, no Hayabusa for you or a Ducatti?

Regarding the resolution - I'm sure future games will stress two x2's - fallout 3 or Operation Flashpoint 2 anyone? Sure crysis was fun, but I guess you kinda get bored from it after a while.

I think I might need a new PSU too - 700 watts probably won't do it... Maybe I'll use my old Antec 500 just for the cards? Hmm...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  5. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

You said something about a Japanese motorcycle.

Anyway, I'm not getting it yet. My Dad says I'm not old enough. lol But I am pretty careful about safety. I dont plan on riding it in Short, and a tshirt! Riding gloves, riding jacket, and riding boot with a very good helmet.

And No ducatti for me. I like the Yamahas.

About the Monitors, unfortunately I have none right now. If you ever want one I sell them for 770 plus shipping. I believe it's 600 less than newegg. I'll take 20 bucks off if you dont want to go through newegg.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290244767892&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=019

They usually sell out in a few hours though. I'll PM you once I have one.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I like the Dell monitors, but at the price Abuzar charges, HP wins!

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Oh and I can get you one right now, but it wont be brand new. It's been plugged in a few times. I can let it go for 700 probably.

8. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Holy christ, boozer. That sounds like a good deal. They're coming from Florida? Sam, is the HP the equivalent to a Dell? I'll have to set aside some bucks for that. Ray, this looks like what you need to do - do you have around $800 bucks for Abuzar's next unit? Abuzar, is this made by the same people who make the Dell - I know there are only a handful of LCD makers in the world.
    -Rich

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Pretty much, I've seen two of them in action (LAN party) and they look good. Colour contrast seemed a little iffy, but I'm sure that's something you can set in your graphics control panel.

10. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Boozer, by the way, I know a guy who has a Suzuki - kind of like that Yamaha in your picture but red. Everytime he turns it off you can hear a fan running for a while. I asked him - is it water cooled. He didn't have any idea. I looked it up, it's a special oil cooling system that Suzuki uses.

They have a separate oil circulation system using the same engine oil as for lubrication. The oil, while not having as high of a heat transfer as water, cools the bike they say 30% better than air cooling - something like that. Anyway, this guy runs the bike all over the place. I've seen him warm up the bike and let it run for 10 minutes sometimes, until he gets around to jumping on it and taking off. Just from seeing it in use, I am impressed by the oil cooling! Unlike water, oil won't build up the pressure that water does - you won't lose water and have to worry about refilling - and it seems pretty damn effective. What have you heard about Suzuki?

11. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Color contrast iffy - graphics control panel - you mean the CCC?

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

well, it'd be CCC for us, but both these guys were using nvidias at the time. (GTS320 and GTX768)

13. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Ok, so - the quality is right there, huh? By color contrast you're talking red/green/blue settings - too much red, whatever, like that? Are the specs just as good as the Dell - 1000 to one contrast ratio, stuff like that, refresh time, or whatever it's called - minimum something time - the timing that can cause problems if it's too slow?

14. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

It's equivalent to the Dell 30" ultrasharp panel. They both use S-IPS panels. From the reviews I have read the reviewers tend to be in favor of the HP(vs the 3007 Dell version). I guess they are experts, but I think it should look the same to us regular people.

Anyway if anyone wants the used one let me know. My 'supplier' has no new ones at this time, but I think he does have one that he opened already.

P.S. Yes, I'm near Orlando, FL. Sanford to be exact.

15. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Boozer, you're stateside? Why did I always think you were in England like Sam?

I made a note of the monitor - I'll put some cash aside. These are oem parts they're picking up from HP? I used to sell OEM - NCR 40 column printers mostly. I'm getting ready to watch your new cricket link. :)

16. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol

Yeah I'm in the States. Yeah this guy sells me OEM Monitors. So they come with the monitor, stand and power cable. I buy the DVI cables from newegg and ship them out to the people directly from newegg. They all have warranties and stuff. I've never actually used one(dont have a good enough computer to run it :(

17. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Rich, I won't be getting any monitor soon - I just got the Gateway a few months ago! I can't spend $800 on a monitor anyways, as things are right now, I'm looking at a $1400 upgrade if I go with the 4870s or a $1400-$1600 purchase on the x2's. I might wait until Christmas though...

18. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Boozer!

Wow the new cricket video was a lot like baseball - including a home run. I get that the ball has to bounce once. They have fielders, but I didn't see any bases. Well, I don't know anything about it, but the crowd was certainly excited about some of those hits. I'm glad you posted that link - a lot more like baseball than I thought from the first link which left me totally confused. That Warne guy on the first link just overpowered everybody with his bowling - strike strike strike. A complete pitcher batter duel that I didn't understand, and not understanding, found it "insanely boring" to echo shaff. Now I'd have to say, the jury is out. A lot more evidence needed, thank you very much.

By the way, I found that new thread you started in June - LOCO said to make an official video card thread - who's LOCO - one of the forum moderators? (Is he the guy who banned REAM? Was that shaff who got banned - I think so because he said something about e-peen which I didn't get, then he tried to back-track and said he hoped that remark wouldn't get him banned - the e-peen whatever it means - is he talking about virtual #1 - must fall under his category of subtle british humor!)

While we're on the subject, whoever got banned (shaff?) didn't really seem to understand why he got banned. Hmmmmm. In your opinion, what gets one banned in this forum? - I'll try to make sure I don't do it. LOL

19. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

with cricket, it takes too long to do anything, most of the time your standing around, nto achieving anything, and sometimes you hti the ball w.o runs etc, there no build up, its just a bowl and then hit and hope, where as in footy, from kickoff, your building up, using teamwork, body control etc, so when your buildup results in a goal,t he whole team has earned it and feel aamzing. i can explain it, but you have to be with 10 m8s watchign it with drinks, crips (chips to you americans) and having a blast.

yes i was REAM back in the day, and i switched to my name, by making a new account (this one), and the other day i soph said he wasnt pushing with Q9450 (IICR) to 4GHz, he was happy at 3.83, but i said go for 4GHz for "E-PEEN" (as a joke) (i hope one knows what E-Peen is?) and i got suspended for 2 days. after that was up i came back to find my account was banned, so i posted on my other account, and asked why? and was told, they will un ban my other account, so all was good, and the old account banned :)

and boozer is right i have dyslexic hands :p HAHA, i swear one types quicker than the other.

20. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Oh, sorry Ray, I didn't know you had just picked up a new gateway monitor. Oh well. Later, maybe next year. Still, it's all true - you might as well be on the cutting edge monitor resolution-wise, like Sam says, since you leaped ahead and you ARE in regard to the rest of your hardware. And they're not likely to expand on that 2560x1600 spec any time soon, so that's the part of your system you probably wouldn't have to upgrade for a good long while, right Sam?

(Should I call you Sammy like the dude on the official graphic card thread you guys went off and created last month - I thought that's what THIS was. I really like that Estuansis guy, he's a total HL2 EP2 fanboy like me!) LOL

Ok Ray, later next year, when abuzar gets some more stock.

Sam, aka Sammy, I'm not going to let you forget about that screen shot. And by the end of August I'm going to start nagging like Breen in HL2 "this is not some agent provocateur - Freeman had just barely finished his doctoral dissertation - this is not some trained assassin - why can't you kill this mofo?"

(hey is that the kind of crack that could get me banned?)

Shaff, I see that boozer talked you out of your old sig - or was the old sig the thing "they" didn't like? - as in "banned" For one, I liked the old sig - it was striking!!

Where did you get the old sig from and what was the symbolism? Boozer (on that other thread you guys started cause LOCO said to) said it wasn't your picture, or is it? If not, then what's up with the old sig? It rocked!!

(Bring it back, I'd say! But of course I'm not LOCO, the moderator dude. Can I get banned talking about him?)

-Rich :D