1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video card tv out

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by mickyblue, Nov 15, 2003.

1. mickyblue

mickyblue Member

Please Some one help i have the following computer with a tv out port i have the correct cables to put in to the tv but it only comes out in black and white and at a really crappy picture can anyone help?

Pentuim 4 1.8mhz
    256mhz DDRam
    40 gigs Hard Drive
    GeForce 4 64Meg MX420 TV out
    Windows Me

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

In Black and White hey?? Sounds Like it could be a Pal/NTSC Issue...This is what happens when your TV out is Meant to be used for a Pal TV set but you are useing a NTSC TV Set or the Other way arround...You also Might try useing different resolutions but if the problem persists then it just might be a Pal/NTSC Issue....

3. mickyblue

mickyblue Member

how could i tell if the signal from the graphic card is for nstc or pal as im in the uk? I'vve have tried this on 2 tv but the same problem.

4. chrispiss

chrispiss Member

If you live in the UK, then your TV will be a PAL format, the European standard. It is likely that the TV out is NTSC, since this is the North American Standard. You need to buy a new video card with PAL output.