1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video codecs

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by crash22, Jul 9, 2003.

1. crash22

crash22 Member

i'm asking for help with codecs anywayz the sound was like a scratched cd and video was like satellite tv on a raini day and when i turned'em into svcd to play in my dvd player they didn't werk either if any1 else has downloaded this or has had this same problem please tell me what codec to install or if the files r bad.

here's a 2 sec sample:
    http://www.vi2.com/getFile/207755.mpg

and the weird thing is that i'm able to play samples but not the complete movie

Last edited: Jul 11, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

OK you said you had to make them SVCD! But centropy is always SVCD anyway, did you download a re-encode of these files?? Where did you get them, and i shouldnt be answering im just wondering myself!

3. crash22

crash22 Member

ooo man i'm ;sorry i meant burned'em into svcd cds.

4. count

count Guest

Dela, I am confused. It has been my experience that most Centropy versions are VCD. I must be getting them second hand. Granted, I know you probably visit many more sources than I and that I am a newbee, perhaps you can point me in some other directions besides newsgroups and IRC. I noticed that you are an E-mule fan from your commentaries. What is E-mule? Is it better than babysitting newsgroups, my primary hobby? It could also be that I never try to burn anything as SVCD-- I merely burn the image now with Alcohol; saving oodles of time. By the way, thanks for helping me in the past.

5. Dela

Well newsgroups and irc is a better option than eMule but I havent seen a centropy VCD release in a long time! All mostly SVCD now!

6. crash22

crash22 Member

hehe i fixed it it was the extraction from the bin file i just had to filter only the mpeg2 frames.

7. Dela

Nice 1 :) good luck