1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Conversion From NTSC to PAL

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by richuk, Sep 1, 2001.

1. richuk

richuk Guest

Hi All,

Can any one tell me what is the best software to convert NTSC video to PAL video VHS.

Thanks in Advance
    RichUK

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

What do you exactly want to do? You have some video in NTSC format stored in your HDD and you want to output it to your PAL/VCR in order to record it, or...?

3. richuk

richuk Guest

Thanks dRD,

Thanks for your replay, I've now found out what I need to do. I thought that I could get software to convert NTSC into PAL format for a VCR, but there's nothing that will do this that will run a PC. So I am buying a new VCR Converter, that will convert three formats.

Richard

4. unckie

unckie Guest

richUK
    where can one find such a converter
    i have some tapes in pal that i need to convert
    to ntsc, a family member has a vcr that plays in either format but it was bought(and resides) in europe what i need is a 120V 60 htz machine
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    unckie

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

unckie: I have Aiwa HX-M1000 (or something like that) multiformat VCR that can handle PAL/NTSC/SECAM<->PAL/NTSC/SECAM easily. It also works on all electric systems, 100V - 250V, 50 or 60Hz. Basically you can get the input in NTSC, record the same program in SECAM and watch it through PAL TV -- or whatever combination you want (obviously NTSC/NTSC/NTSC in U.S., etc..). I cost me appx $500 in U.S.

6. richuk

richuk Guest

richUK
    where can one find such a converter
    i have some tapes in pal that i need to convert
    to ntsc, a family member has a vcr that plays in either format but it was bought(and resides) in europe what i need is a 120V 60 htz machine
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    unckie

Dear unckie,

This is what machine I have ordered a few weeks ago a SamSung SV 5000W £470 from http://www.samsung-superstore.co.uk/ but with what has happen in the US. There is VERY long delays in orders I hope this has helped you in any way. Also I was going to set up a web site/shop for conversions.

Richard

7. kingsize

kingsize Guest

lectropaks do a ntsc to pal convertor £149
    does the job

8. teo3

teo3 Guest

I have some questions.
    firs, can I convert a file captured with an NTSC DV camcorder into a PAL one, in PAL format I mean?
    second, a movie file captured from an NTSC cam corder, can I convert it into an AVI file, or div-x? and if I can, that AVI file is a regular one, or is an AVI NTSC file?
    can I find a plug-in or some software to do the job?
    my problem is, I have a camcorder with NTSC format and I want to capture video from it am play that file on another computer which doesen`t have an NTSC card, so I want to convert the NTSC file into a PAL one.
    so, which are the possibilities to do such a thing? I heard that is possible but I do not know where to find some software and some advices.:), and I think that you can help me.

Thank, teo.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2002
  9. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

pal<->ntsc can be done via adobe after effects (slow!). Also canopus make a converter which only works for their DV codec (i think).

There are some hardware converters out there of varying quality, so try them out before buying if you can.