1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video conversion problem

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by JJ636, Jun 16, 2004.

1. JJ636

JJ636 Member

Here's my problem, After converting an avi file with TMPGENC into a mpeg 352x240 file, I attempted to burn the disc with Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 and ulead is trying to convert the file again. I found out its the audio its trying to convert again. I had this problem before and correct it. But my system crashed the other day and all my settings changed, so now I'm faced with the problem again. I can't remember what I did to correct the problem the first time I was faced with it. I have a 1min converted clip of the file that ulead converted. Does anyone know what tool I can use to load the file with and compare the setting of the two so I'll know what conversion corrections are needed

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Are you trying to make a VCD or a DVD??? if it is a VCD the audio in the Mpeg file has to be Mpeg1 layer 2 audio at 44100hz, if you are Trying to make a DVD then the audio has to be either LPCM(Wav) at 48000hz or Mpeg1 layer 2 at 48000hz or Dolby AC3 at 48000hz..so if you create the File properly in the First Place then DVD Movie Factory wouldn"t try to re-encode the file...