1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video edit

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by omjojo, Dec 23, 2004.

1. omjojo

omjojo Member

I downloaded my movie to my pc from my vcr with an ads converter. these are the specs ntse mpeg 2 Quality 720 480 dvd 48khz mpeg 1L24mb/sec 224kbps dvd xpress. My proublem is when i go to record it to dvd the movie to big it needs 7.35 gb i have 4.3gb how do i make it saller thanks omjojo

2. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

If it's an mpeg format video you have to convert it to a DVD format (VOB) useing TMPGEnc DVD.Then use DVDShrink to make it small enough to fit on one DVD 4.3.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Just Capture the File useing the Correct Bitrate in the First place then it will Fit on a DVD ....

What determines the Size of the Captured File is the Bitrate you used to capture the File and the Length of the File so if you capture it useing the Correct Bitrate it will fit on a DVD....

Get yourself a good Bitrate Calculator which will Tell you what Bitrate you should use based on the length of the Movie...

If you Recompress the File after captureing you will Just Lower the Quality especially useing DVD shrink because it isn"t a Proper Encoder ,It just uses a fast transcodeing Method that doesn"t produce the Best results especially when Compressing a 7gb Captured file down to 4gb...

If you absolutly had to recompress the File after captureing then you should use a High Quality mpeg encoder Like Canopus Procoder or Even Tmpgenc Plus/Xpress would be better....