1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Editing: CRT or LCD?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by octopi, Jun 30, 2006.

1. octopi

octopi Member

I have a dual monitor rig, running off an AMD 3000+ / ASUS k7/ Ati 850-XT 1TB disk space which I use for Vegas video editing. My monitors (two Dell P990 19") are slowly perishing. One is restarting spontaneously, the other has gun issues (the red gun appears to be slightly over-active). Getting them repaired doesn't really seem to be a serious option.

Therefore I am in the market for some replacements. [bold]I'm interested in your experiences with good CRT monitors. [/bold] I'm not sure you can convince me to go LCD, but I will listen to all-comers. Thanks.

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

If you need the most flexability go with CRT. If all of you work is done in the same domain then LCD may be an option if you could find the one with the correct resolution for your purposes.

Ced

3. octopi

octopi Member

Any suggestions on good monitors out there?

4. caffeine_

caffeine_ Guest

I edit in Avid Xpress Pro and I use a 20 inch widescreen LCD to edit, and have had no complaints except the black level on LCD is a little pathetic (compared to a good flat screen CRT) but the wide aspect is helpful when editing.