1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Editing Machine

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by RGiller, Sep 3, 2004.

1. RGiller

RGiller Guest

I am building a computer just for my classes I will be taking for video editing and I am haveing troubles figuring out what video card to go with.... any suggestions?

2. turkey

turkey Regular member

i would like to suggest that there really is no need to spend lots of money for "the best" video card for video editting. unless you are going to be creating CGI or rendering in 3D the video card has very little processing to do during video editting. it would be wiser to spend your money on CPU, RAM and the hard drive subsystem.

i don't think you would have to spend more the $100 on a new card, unless you wanted to... my personal preference however, would be to go with an ATI card. the ATI cards have better color correction with higher contrast then the Nvidia cards.

have a good one.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you are Doing Video editing you Might want to get a Card that Has Dual Monitor Output and Maybe even TV Out...With Video Editing you will sometimes have a Lot of Windows open on your Monitor so it is good to Have 2 Monitors so you can spread out the Workflow on both Monitors...
    And a TV Out is also good for Video editing because When editing Interlaced Material it is good to have a Small TV so you get a Better Idea what the Video will look like when Displayed in it"s Native Interlaced Format as your Monitor does not Display Interlaced Material Correctly....

Turkey is Right that it doesn"t take a very fast Video card to do Video editing ,Not unless you are Doing 3D Vector Graphics and 3D modeling and even then you can get away with useing something that is Not very Expensive.....

Cheers

4. RGiller

RGiller Guest

What would you suggest for a not too expensive camera?

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Couldn"t tell you ...I"m not into Cameras....