1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Editing Question

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by intercooledgn, Oct 30, 2012.

1. intercooledgn

intercooledgn Member

I am unsure if this is the right forum, if it isn't I apologize in advance. This was the website google put up when I searched for video editing forums. I have two types of video editing software; first is Roxio Creator 2010 and the other is Sony Vegas 7.0. I have a video that I compiled with a song in the background and I have text scrolling through the whole video. The text is bubbled like you would see when you emboss text in say microsoft word and is translucent so you can still see whats behind the scrolling text. I lost the files i used to make the video so I simply have the video itself. I want to just remove all the text from the video so does anyone know if either software I have or if theres a software out there that i can download that can accomplish this without starting back at square one? Thank you to everyone in advance for any assistance you can give me.

2. attar

attar Senior member

What kind of video did you create?
    If it has subtitles that can be turned on or off then it would be relatively simple.
    If the subtitles were burned in, they can't be removed from the video.

3. intercooledgn

intercooledgn Member

It was a collaboration video for which I put an audio song playing in the backround as the pictures popped up. I typed the lyrics to the song and they are simply scrolling through the whole song so that people can follow along. Well when everything got wiped i lost the picture colaberation files. I want to do this exact video but with a different song playing, and being that all the original files are gone I would have to find all the clips again. that took me almost 6 months to do being im no where near the "professional level" of editing videos. So I just was wondering if there is a way to remove the scrolling text that I inserted into the original video.

4. attar

attar Senior member

I take it that you're not sure if you created permanent or switchable subs in this video.

If the subtitles can't be turned on/off, either by using the remote on a standalone player or from the menu of a media player on a PC, then they're part of the video and cannot be removed.