1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Editing software

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Sonn, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Sonn

Sonn Member

I want to purchase a really good video editing program for a pc with windows xp media center. I don't want something that costs as much as Final Cut Pro any suggestions?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

well if you want an actual professional full-blown editing system, you're not going to find that in the editing apps that cost $100. Go with either Adobe Premiere Pro (~$400) or Avid XPress DV (~$750) if you want to seriously get into editing. but if you are just editing your home movies, then its way overkill.

3. bowlorice

bowlorice Guest

can u edit certain frames in adobe premiere pro
    like u can bring it into photoshop

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

what kind of editing do you want to do? if you want to do photoshop work, you can export the video from premiere as a film strip, open it in photoshop then edit each frame separately, if you need to use photoshop

5. Sonn

Sonn Member

Thank you to the people who replied I have found the one I like I am now using Adobe Premiere Pro. :D

6. bowlorice

bowlorice Guest

yea i wanted to edit like a couple of frames
    so thanks for the help

7. bowlorice

bowlorice Guest

ok how do export this to photoshop

8. djscoop

djscoop Active member

as a filmstrip

9. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

use windows media player its great lol (not)

if your on a budget and dont want to pay much usse somthink like sony vegas which costs about 80 pounds :)

hope this helps

anyways im going to get me Final Cut Pro that looks amaysing :)

10. bowlorice

bowlorice Guest

cool i got it thanks again

11. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

hey final cut studio is stupid its only for a mac :( not fair so now i have to save up and buy a mac for 400 pounds :p

that program looks amaysing

12. ARDILLA

ARDILLA Guest

i'm using PresentaVid.com, it's a simple video editor. i'm a newby to video editing, and learn how to make all these things with it.it costs 99.95, but has a free trial version, so you can download it and look for yourself

13. SameeMan

SameeMan Member

Ulead MediaStudio Pro It's a great video editing suite. Doesn't cost as much as Adobe products.

However what's impotent for me when I chose Ulead was that it support XVID that Premier doesn't. I know it's unwise to use compressed video for video editing but as a non professional video editor, I prefer to convert DV into XVID and save gigz of space. So, Ulead Video Editor is the thing for me.

_EDIT:
    http://www.ulead.com/

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  14. djscoop

djscoop Active member

premiere does support xvid and many other codecs, you just have to install the plugins for them

15. SameeMan

SameeMan Member

Hey djscoop,
    I searched whether there are any plug-ins that help to import XVID into Premiere... but found none.
    Could you pls post the links to relevant plug-ins that you use to do that here pls...
    Thanks...

16. djscoop

djscoop Active member

this is what my buddy uses. I personally haven't tried it (I use premiere for DVD mastering and whatnot, not exporting to comressed video files) but he says this programs is a color balancer and has built in codecs for xvid.

http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/download/Video_Pilot_Plugin_for_Adobe_Premiere.html

choosing a video editing app really depends on what you want to do with it. Adobe Premiere Pro is almost $500 because it is a full-blown editing system. For many users that just want to do basic editing functions, its probably overkill, so apps like Ulead or Pinnacle or Vegas Video might be easier to use, as premiere is also pretty complex so it takes a while to get the hang of it...