1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video editing software

Discussion in 'Suggestions, ideas and feedback' started by samgoon, Oct 9, 2007.

1. samgoon

samgoon Member

Hi All, hopefully this question will have a really quick and easy answer! I need to know what software can be used to bring 2 separate movies into a programme and then export the two as one movie. Its so I can display 2 very similar movies to highlight some minor differences. I dont really need to do anything else - so expensive editing suites would be a bit of a waste of money for me. Ahything cheap out there?

Thanks!

2. zapper

zapper Guest

The first two software that I can think of are. 1. Pinnacle Studio 10 or 11 which offers a ( free trial ) 2. Ulead Dvd Movie Factory which believe that it also offers a free trial.

Hope this help

3. samgoon

samgoon Member

Thats great, thanks for that I'll give them a go.

4. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

does pinnacle studio 10 also rip dvd's by any chance?

5. zapper

zapper Guest

What do you mean by ripping DVD, do you mean if it gets your movies and rendered to dvd, yes but that part is a slow process a overnighter in most cases most software are about the same in rendering the movie that you made.

6. timtak

timtak Member

7. timtak

timtak Member

Also Erightsoft super, will convert almost any format to almost any format
    http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
    so you can convert whatever your files are to avi and then use
    Avi2DVD to burn a DVD
    http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareAvi2Dvd.php?b2=1

As for a video editor I recommend Sony Vegas (especially the cheaper versions particularly Platinum Sony Vegas Movie Maker for the "show me how" function not present in the full pro version) but there is also AVID Free DV is a toned down version of a pro editor. Avid has discontinued the free version I see but it stil seems to be high on Google.