1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video editing software

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by dpslusser, Jan 10, 2008.

1. dpslusser

dpslusser Member

Is there software out there that will allow me to take a DVD that I have stored on my computer (Vob/Ifo), and edit, or blank out parts of the movie. Almost like, sensor the movie? BUT....keep it in its original format, the vob/ifo format.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

3. jony218

jony218 Guest

The program I use for that is videoredo, The demo will let you edit an entire dvd movie. the demo will only save a max of 30 minutes (since each vob is less that 30 minutes you can edit them and save them).
    The program won't rip the dvd for you, but if you have the vob's ready it will allow you to remove the scenes you don't want . I edited a couple of movies with this program and it worked great, keeping the video/audio insync. The best part is that it saves without reencoding so the output is the same quality as the input.

4. dpslusser

dpslusser Member

See, thats the type of software im looking for. Im not really concerened about cost, i just need to edit some movies so EVERYONE can watch them. So I might end up getting the TV Suite version.

Do you no of any other programs out there?

Does Videoredo give you the options to blur parts of a movie out, or pixelate parts? For example, a girl flashing her boobs or something?

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

6. jony218

jony218 Guest

With videoredo I just cut the entire scene out. It's more like splicing a movie. To me the finish product is very watchable, the splice sections is noticable but doesn't have any abrupt noise that might be distracting. The cutting out of scenes is frame accurate so you only cut out the section that you want (whether .5 or 5 seconds or as much as you want).

You can use the demo to edit an entire dvd to see if it will work for you. The demo won't leave any watermarks etc.

The other programs that can do blurring of scenes, that's more in the professional realm of editing which requires advance knowledege. Also those programs will have to reencode the video resulting in quality loss and very long waits (3-4 hours for the project to complete). With videoredo after I edit a VOB it takes less than 5 minutes to save the new VOB with no loss of quality. This way you can check it right away to see if you need more editing.

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

AviDemux can do all that editing stuff and is free. It will cut out, join /split convert to a different format if you want.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008