1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video file will play but wont burn....

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by HRJustin, Jun 24, 2007.

1. HRJustin

HRJustin Guest

i just downloaded this torrent and it came in a bunch of .RAR files with the R files. if i click one of the rar files it just extracts them all to one video file. for some reason i can play the video file no problem on my computer. but when i try to open it in nero to burn it to a dvd like all the other files ive done it freezes up and i have to end it. also when i try to do that the explorer.exe in the processes starts to use alot of cpu and wont stop until i end the process and start it up again. ive never use the R files that allow a bunch of rar files to extract into one video file but its wierd that i can open the file and play it but not to transcode to put it on a dvd. the format is .mpg so i dont understand what the problem is if the files screwed up or im doing domething wrong.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Load the file into DivXtoDVD and see it it will convert it.

http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe
    Import the file(s) (AVI, WMV,MPEG, VOB)
    Output (standard DVD file format) to a folder on the HDD.
    Set 'Aspect' to 4:3 (if you have a regular tv)
    Set 'Standard' to NTSC (if you live in North America)