1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video issues

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Tech1985, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Tech1985

Tech1985 Member

Okay so every time i try to burn a dvd it tends to skip. I've bought a new cd burner thinking it would fix the issue and it hasn't. I've installed Audio codecs thinking it would fix the problem and it hasn't.I'm running out of ideas on what i could do to try to fix this issue. Please send me some advice. Thanks alot!

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Use RW until issue sorted imation work fine

1-cheap crappy dvd media-use verbatim that has VSO on packaging

2-source dvd has read errors-usually if the blocks are bad the ripper will give you option to ignore read errors if you did that then that's where the problem is

3-burnt at too high a speed or burnt at too high a speed on crap media,best option is 1/2 the rated speed of disc so if it's a 8x disc burn at 4x,no guarantee it will work if dvd media is crap

4-check time where it plays choppy then check source file at the same location if it's on the source file then you either ripped it too fast or dvd media is shot

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  3. Tech1985

Tech1985 Member

Thanks a lot! What programs do you usually use to burn dvd's or AVI files. I think it may be time to switch programs. I downloaded Imgburn and it worked great, The only problems i had with that was when i played the dvd at the beginning it said i was using an unregistered version and to go to avsforu.com or something like that which didnt really bother me because it went off and the other thing is if the file has like 2 discs or two files it will stop in the middle of the movie and make you select the other file to play. So is their anything i can try to maybe make it into one file. I tried dvdshrink and it actually made more files. So maybe you have another program/programs i could try. Thanks a lot.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Unregistered version of what ? the media player switch to vlc & get k-lite full while your at it

to burn a dvd i either user nero or dvdfab

Don't make avi's i'll make mkv or mp4 depending on audio streams,handbrake is good for mp4,there is another software that's based on handbrake that hides most of handbrakes functions to make it easier to use,can't remember what it's called,as for making mkv it's been a while i think i used makemkv or something,the guides section will be of help there

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  5. Tech1985

Tech1985 Member

I take it mkv or mp4 can be played on home dvd player?

6. Tech1985

Tech1985 Member

And i have no idea what handbrake is. It used to be id download the avi convert it to dvd via WinAvi all in one converter then burn it to dvd via dvdfab but that's no longer working for me everytime it skips so next time ill try slowing down the burn rate and use nero instead and see what that does.

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

depends what your player is compatible with however if you convert avi to dvd then it will be a normal dvd structure

either dvdflick or it might be autogk if you want to convert to dvd however there is no guarantee resulting file wl be any good if source material is poorly ripped & compressed,best read up on how to convert in guides section