1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video joining

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by shagger, Apr 8, 2005.

1. shagger

shagger Member

i have downloaded a movie and its in 2 parts is there a free tool to join the movies parts together

2. stardust

stardust Regular member

avi or mpeg? If avi, join with VirtualDub (open 1st avi.. then 2nd avi 'append AVI segment..' -> save as..). If mpeg, join with TMPGEnc's merge & cut tool.

3. shagger

shagger Member

tried to use virtualdub but get message saying part2 the video streams have different data format is there away i can get round this

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

What is Different about the 2 Files...To find out load in each file and go to "File" to "File Information" and it will list the specs of each File and just compare the 2 and see what is different and them Post back here...

Did you get a Message when you Loaded each file into V-Dub saying something about the Audio being VBR Mp3 ?? If so then that could be Part or all of your problem..If that is the Problem you have to decompress the audio in each of the Files and then Join them together...If you Think this is the Problem then PM me with your e-mail address and I"ll send you a tool that willdecompress the audio in your AVI file and I will give you Instruction on how to use it and how to join the 2 files after decompressing the audio....

Cheers