1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video on a T3

Discussion in 'PDA discussion' started by MarEll, Dec 21, 2004.

1. MarEll

MarEll Member

Can anyone give me any tips on encoding video files into a lower resolution/bit rate so that it will play on my T3?

TIA guys

2. captnkirk

captnkirk Guest

Try the Kinoma Producer software to convert AVI or MPG files for viewing on your Palm PDA. The PC software works well and handles a number of source codecs. You can choose a number of options to control the conversion. The Kinoma viewer for the Palm PDA allows rotation of the image for Tungsten T3's or T5's larger displays.

They do allow a trial period.
    I tried it and then bought it.

I like to bring my own movies when I fly, but its risky using a laptop on some airlines. I have had several encounters with slobs in front of me that suddenly lie fully back and crush my laptop into the tray. With my Tungsten T3, I can watch movies anywhere and not worry about accidents.

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

That program was free when I purchased my T3. One of the perks from Palm.

4. captnkirk

captnkirk Guest

Kinoma Producer 3.0.1 has a number of improved features and capabilities that are better than the "free" version that comes with the software CD for the T3.

5. sjweise

sjweise Member

MMPlayer plays mpeg4 files (its what I use to play converted dvd files and video on my T3). You need to encode those files down for the player. You could use virtual dub mod or pocket divx encoder (PDE is really just a gui to automate virtual dub..... There is a full tutorial by Junglemike over at www.brighthand.com explaining how to convert files for pda viewing.