1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video player for USB flash Drive

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by chop2113, Mar 21, 2007.

1. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Hello everyone. My question is this what video player can i download to my micro cruzer usb flash drive that is stand alone. i tried the k-lite but that didnt work as it installs certain files to the computer to work. If i go to another computer it wont work. I tried media player classic also. Once again if the computer im using it on doesnt have the codecs it wont play. So i need a SELF contained audio video player that can play all video and audio right off the flash drive. Thank you in advance for your help!!!

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

I believe that VLC Media Player uses its own codecs and can be run off a pen drive or burned on a CD or DVD. You want the Portable VLC Player package.

"VLC Media Player Portable is the popular VLC media player packaged as a portable app, so you can take your audio and video files along with everything you need to play them on the go. You can place it on your USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive or a CD and use it on any computer, without leaving any personal information behind."

http://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/vlc_portable

Quite a lot of handy apps on that site.

3. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Good stuff bro. Thanks a bunch. Its funny i have VLC on my computer did'nt know they made a portable. Works great thanks again.