1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video player

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by rtrg, Aug 2, 2011.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I am writing for someone else again. Her granddaughter sent her a video clip in an email in MOV format. She says when she tries to open it nothing happens. She is using XP PRO with IE6 and WMP9. I downloaded a mpeg2 codec from the site COLE2K.net. This is the ONLY video codec that works with P9. Is it possible that she needs another codec? From where? what name? Site? another player like GOM, or VLC, or 6.4.9.1(CLASSIC from Win 98?) I use all 4 for DVDs. Resend in mpeg2 format or FLASH? She depends on me for these things. I have no experiences at opening email video clips as none are sent to me. Advice please.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Try VLC.

3. angelacat

angelacat Member

Try windows media player, it supports move formatted videos.

4. krad32

krad32 Member

I used total video converter it converts all kinds of video file to the desired video format and it also can play different video format.

5. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I found VLC player does the same thing directly without the need for intermediate steps.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

7. krad32

krad32 Member

[/quote]
    I found VLC player does the same thing directly without the need for intermediate steps.[/quote]

But their are also videos that VLC can't play.

8. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I found VLC player does the same thing directly without the need for intermediate steps.[/quote]

But their are also videos that VLC can't play.[/quote]

I found I needed it for a video in an email sent in MOV format. None of my other players would handle it. For other files any of them will work. I needed to download a codec from COLE2K.net. This is the one and only codec that works with WMP version 9. WMP 6.4 has all the codecs built in, despite the earlier realese date.