1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIDEO PROBLEM! CAN SOMEBODY HELP?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by yzman, Oct 21, 2004.

1. yzman

yzman Member

Can somebody help me. I burned a mpg file to dvd by using tmpgenc mpeg plus and ifoedit v0.96. First, I split the mpg file to its components (mv1 and mp2) with tmpgenc plus. Then I changed the audio to 48 hz. After that I created the dvd file by using ifoedit v0.96. Then I used the converted files (ifo,bup,& vob) to burn the movie with Nero burning rom 6. The dvd burned successfully, but when I play the movie the video is split into pieces. The left side of the picture is on the right and the right side is on the left. Also the bottom half of the movie is all messed up. It shows series of vertical lines of different colors (like a rainbow). THe movie is playing and with the correct audio, but the video is all is all messed up. I thought it was the disc, so I burned a different mpg movie with a new dvd disc, but the same exact problem happened. I dont know what is wrong. Does anybody know? Can somebody help. This is my first time burning a dvd.

Thanks

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Sorry, I don't know DVDs burning much. And I never use Nero in doing that stuff because it appears to be much buggy for movies.
    But, why don't you try to make a (S)VCD with my '100% working method', instead?
    Since the final video quality of your 'DVD' won't be much larger than the one of the original movie, if the resolution of the input movie isn't much larger than 480x480 you won't lose much quality in moving from a DVD to a SVCD, and if the movie resolution of the input movie isn't much larger than 352x240 you won't lose much quality in moving from a DVD to a VCD.