1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video programs "crash" after I choose "Import"

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Igorek, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Igorek

Igorek Member

I don't know what's wrong. Everything worked before perfectly, both Windows Movie Maker and Adobe Premiere 1.5 editing tools, I was able to import videos without any problems but now in BOTH programs when I choose "import" from the file menu, the thing just crashes, both programs. I uninstalled Adobe premiere, for windows movie maker I tried to import once again, but no. It just crashes and goes to the desktop. I have a really great computer, fast, efficient, with powerful graphics card and 2 gigs of ram, power supply..everything is good, but I'm wondering if this is some registry malfunction ? It doesnt make sense how it all of a suddent crashes, two editing programs, after I try to import.

Can anybody throw some tips on how to fix this?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well this Could be from a Number of Things Like Maybe a Codec issue or maybe the Video files you are Trying to Import are Corrupted or something....

You mught also try a System restore to a Point before you started haveing Problems.....

What would Probably fix the Problem is if you Reformated your Drives and re-installed Windows and all of your Software but I would only do this as a Last resort as it takes a while to do but it solves most all Software related problems....

Good luck

3. Igorek

Igorek Member

thank you. I will look into it more.