1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video quality after compression

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by richpngu, Feb 6, 2007.

1. richpngu

richpngu Member

i new to the forums but i have been on here for a while. i have been ripping and burning dvds for a while now but the cost of duals layers is starting to catch up with me. right now i am using dvdfab platnum, and i want to just rip the main movie only but some of the movies will have a quality of around 90% to 95%. i am picky about this stuff and i was wondering if i would be able to tell the difference in quality. if there is a difference then i would just keep on buy dls and burn the full movie.

2. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

I think at this low level of compression that the visual quality may only be obvious on a big big set. I would try one and see if it holds to your standards where you are used to viewing it. Also using good media on the single layer can't hurt. Verbatim is my fave.

I do typically more compression than this but most of the time I can not "see" a difference unless there is alot of compression. Of course you are removing subtitles and un-needed audio streams as well?

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

You can make good copys on SL disc and you might be able to see a

4. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

sorry I was not done I hit the post reply by mistake anyway your backups will look good if you just backup the main movie only no extras I don't think you will notice the differences I watch mine on a 42 inch plasma and they look good to me