1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Rolling

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by scotty47, Mar 26, 2005.

1. scotty47

scotty47 Member

I have been burning Movies onto the same DVD media for a couple of months with no problem, now when i put a newly burned dvd into my vcr all it does is roll, I can put a movie I made a couple days ago in and its fine, I am at a loss so any help would be greatfully appreciated. thanks..........................scotty

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Would this movie that gives you trouble happen to come from SONY and released this year? If so then you may have just experienced the new copywrite protection. Update the software you are using to Backup DVDs or get the free DVD decryptor.

-Del

3. scotty47

scotty47 Member

Thanks for the reply Mr-Dell, you seem to be the only one that would at least try and help, there is no copywrite protection on it, I can make it work using nero express but not my regular way anymore.........scotty47

4. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

One L please on the name. No relation to that crapy company. Anyway, are you using a DVD/VCR combo? Trying to make sense of you saying you put your DVD into your VCR. Also is the video your trying to watch on VHS or DVD?

Now I do know that some VCRs in the cabling can cause video problems if the DVD has copywrite protection. (DVD player goes to VCR then goes to TV).If it set up this way then try turning off the TV/VIDEO button on the VCR. (Set to TV) You could also try taking the VCR out of the setup to see if things work better. If you are using a combo then disregard this paragraph.

I have had a similar thing like this happen to me. Using a PS2 to play the DVDs. I still dont know why the older disc copies would play fine but the new copies would not. Just for the heck of it I cleaned the laser off (using a cleaning disc) and now it works fine. Had to run the cleaning 4 times. Was using the same Media and hardware for both the old and new.

If this info is not helpfull then I will shrug my shoulders with you.
    -Del

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  5. scotty47

scotty47 Member

Thanks again Mr-Del I found the problem, its in PAL format, no wonder I was having probs...............scotty47

6. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I give you the DUHHH award. Good to see you figured it out.

-Del