1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video to and from a computer

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by rtrg, Nov 24, 2013.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I currently have a pc to tv converter box so I can watch my computer signal on the TV using the vcr/dvd combo unit. This allows me to record on either tape or disc. How do I do the reverse? Meaning send a TV signal either from the set top box or combo unit INT the computer so I can then PRINT the tv picture either as it is moving or as a still frame from the combo unit? Does it go to one of the folders such as PICTURE of DOCUMENTS? A program such as a scanner, or app such as a word processing program? All of these have a print command. Whatever I see on the screen I can print. It is just a matter of moving the incoming signal to the screen so I can print it. I also have a screen capture program so nothing needs to be saved first. Do I need another box that works in reverse? Connected to a usb port, vga port? Does vga port work in both directions? Details please.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

you basically need a video input on your pc.

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Is there a video input on a 10 year old computer? What does it look like? VGA, RCA jack? Can I add a pci card? I use an APG card for output. Would the card be similar but work in reverse? Where does the video go for the purpose of printing a still frame?

4. supercopy

supercopy Member

rtrg:

Video INPUT devices (as in "into the computer") have existed since the mid 1990's, at least those reasonably priced for consumers. They are however different devices from PC-to-TV converters.

Common video input devices fall into these categories:
    USB-based external video capture boxes; you connect composite, S-Video, component or HDMI cables to these boxes, then the boxes relay the digital video via USB cable to your computer
    Stand-alone video capture or TV tuner cards (PCI or PCIe)
    Video cards with both input and output capabilities. Some old examples that may work with your 10-year old machine include ATI's "All in wonder" series, NVidia "Personal cinema" and "VIVO" series.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

no thanks new member joysun spam is spam no matter how you try to word it & yours attempt is left wanting

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

spammer spammed!!!