1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIDEO TS folder missing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lindseya, Feb 6, 2004.

1. lindseya

lindseya Member

DVD shrink - i go into open files - go into 'my shared folder' then click on my 'films' folder and it doesnt open - this is the folder i downloaded my avi files to. I can go in and see all the files by using explorer but i cant open the film folder when im in software ??? I get an error message on dvd shrink saying 'failed to open video ts folder can anybody help

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

3. wlloyd

wlloyd Guest

Hi:

While I was attempting to run ImgTool, I experienced the same problem as your subject. What I did after ImgTool had run(when I finally found the files) was to create a new folder and to move all of the files into it. Also, I believe that I know what caused the problem. For ImgTool, The name of Output File must have Video TS as partof the name. For example: G:\DVD-File\Video TS.

My current problem is: Is there any way to save, say, one-half of a file if an error occurs before completion.

I am becoming a bit frustrated. All of the steps in DVD Shrink take a few hours EACH. If an error occurs "midstream," I have begun anew--losing 2-3 hours of work. There must be some method to save whatever portion of a process has been done. . . .
    Alas!

Good luck!

wlloyd

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

WTF ?

DVD Shrink should take no more than about 45 minutes (even in deep analysis mode)
    Start to finish of a DVD back up only takes about an hour or so , and that's burning at X2 speed.

5. wlloyd

wlloyd Guest

Hi:

Please give me some idea of why all of the operations that I have tried over the last several days have taken AT LEAST TWO HOURS each. But I recall that my first run with DVD Decrypt completed(just that portion) in 90 minutes. All of the other steps such as DVD Shrink, ImgTool--on two or three occasions--all took over 4 hours--if they completed without error.(Please see my previous posting.)

wlloyd

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Well something defintely doesn't sound right as I have a fairly low spec PC :

AMD900mhz
    256k SD Ram
    Pioneer 104 DVD-RW
    Lite-On 165H DVD-Rom

DVD Decrypter usually takes around 8-15 minutes depending (one original DVD I own takes ages but that is because Decrypter looks for certain key to unencrypt & is a rare example)
    It will of course depend on what drive you're ripping/unencrypting with ... for instance I used to use DVD Burner but that old thing would only rip at X2.5 (at most)
    New DVD Rom I was able to rip upto four times faster than previously.

I have a feeling that you have something wrong with the set up of your PC , cos none of the operations should be taking you anywhere near as long !!