1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video_TS folder is empty in ImgBurn

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by illusionary, Jan 4, 2012.

1. illusionary

illusionary Member

Hi all

I've done extensive searching in the forums here, user guides and via google, and the only info on the issue was left up in the air/unresolved.

I'm using DVD Shrink and ImgBurn (both latest versions) in Windows 7.

I am in no way a tech-savvy person, and am new to ImgBurn, so please bare with me.

My problem is, after copying DVD files to HDD via DVD Shrink, I inserted a DVD-R and opened ImgBurn. I then did the following steps:
    Clicked on "Write files/folders to disc"
    Clicked "Build" in Mode menu
    Browsed folders on HDD and located the VIDEO_TS folder
    Pointed to it and clicked and ImgBurn stated, "No items matched your search."

The DVD files do exist - as the backup of the original DVD was successful in DVD Shrink and Windows Explorer shows all the vob, ifo and bup files.

I haven't changed any default settings of ImgBurn, just fyi.

I have read the various schools of thought with regards to ISO images, and it's all too complicated for me, and it doesn't seem like it's necessary, with many of the users of these two programs stating that this way (above) is all too easy... I'm obviously missing something ... and it's more than likely very basic... knowing my luck!!

Can someone please help me out here?

Regards

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  2. attar

attar Senior member

Never seen that;even an empty folder will be burned without comment.

Try selecting "Write files/folders to disc", then drag the VIDEO_TS folder onto the pane.

3. illusionary

illusionary Member

Thanks, Attar

It worked!

It wouldn't let me drag and drop file/folder from ImgBurn when i clicked on the "browse file or folder" icons, but Win Explorer lets you drag and drop the video_ts file into the imgburn source window, and the scenario plays out the same as below... nothing in the "information" tab in the ImgBurn window, but the burn process works all the same.

When i clicked on the "browse for a folder" icon in ImgBurn window, searched for the video_ts folder and double clicked it, I rec'd the message: "No items matched your search." I then clicked on "select folder" at this point anyway. The video_ts file path appeared in the ImgBurn "Source" window, and all the fields on the "Information" tab on the right in the ImgBurn window were: "Unknown". I automatically stopped here as I thought there was an error, or my prog setup was wrong.

When i read your response, I decided to go ahead with the process and it worked anyway. It was at this point that ImgBurn showed a window that had the 9 DVD files (bup and others). So thanks...

Appreciatively

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  4. attar

attar Senior member

The sequence, 'Browse for a folder > highlight the folder > select the folder', should work;I can't figure out why it's not.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  5. illusionary

illusionary Member

Who knows?

Must be something in my program setup. At least you've provided a SOLUTION!! Forever-grateful.. it was doing my head in.

What threw me was the pics in the user guide where the info tab in the source menu is auto-populated with the dvd file info. Mine wasn't when i'd managed to get the video_ts folder into the pane... ergo: process stuffed up (or so i thought). This seems to be normal though, judging from the screen shot you supplied in the post: forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-125/cannot_read_the_disc-917226/ (sorry, can't post hyperlink - newbie.

Cheers