1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VideoReDo Version 1.6 MPEG2 Editor

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by tlevers, Jul 14, 2004.

1. tlevers

tlevers Guest

We are pleased to annouce the release of VideoReDo Version 1.6. VideoReDo is the very fast, non-recoding editor for MPEG2 files. Enhancement in this release include:

1) Improved ability to resynchronize out-of-sync audio and video.
    2) Improved support for 3:2 pulldown material.
    3) Ability to batch edits for later processing.
    4) Ability to directly read PVA streams.
    5) Output edits directly to elementary streams.
    6) New QuickStream Fix to automatically correct problems in your MPEG2 files.

Please visit us at www.VideoReDo.com for details.

Tlevers
    VideoReDo.com

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

That's impressive. Multi-posting an advertisement so you can break as many rules as possible? With a little work you might be able to squeeze a piracy reference in for a trifecta! If you want your software promoted, contact the webmaster and mention it to him. Don't spam us.

3. tlevers

tlevers Guest

I have contacted 2 different times and no one replys

4. vurbal

I'll tell you what. Since the webmaster has been swamped with work for the last several months, I'll download the free trial and take a look myself. Then I'll contact him myself and see about getting it added. I figure it's only fair since I was the one who lectured you about it, and you seem to have made a serious effort to do things right.

5. vurbal

For anyone else who's reading this thread, I've downloaded the program and I'm currently testing it. So far I have to say that I'm impressed both with the program and the support offered. The in-program help is also very nice. This is a serious program worthy of serious consideration. The editing is frame accurate, meaning it can cut at any frame, instead of just the beginning and end of GOPs, and the tests I've done so far have come out fine (ie no audio sync problems or problems with the video).

Since most of the MPEG files I have are from DVDs, that's mostly what I'm testing, but it handles them very well. It does require using DVD Decrypter's IFO mode to be able to read most VOB files, but there are instructions on the program's website (look at the FAQ) for ripping in the correct format. Once I'm done playing with the editing features I'm going to test the output files with some DVD authoring programs, so I'll post the results of those tests later.