1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Videos stop

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by deezalboy, Dec 10, 2013.

1. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

Videos i receive as email attachments stop playing after a little while. I save them to a jump drive and they play right through without stopping. Any ideas please?

2. supercopy

supercopy Member

Sounds like you are trying to play videos from inside your web browser, e-mail client, or whatever software you are using to read the e-mail message. Typically smart e-mail clients will stop downloading messages of great lengths (say around 4 MB) to reduce workload on the e-mail server. That is why for example a 20-page long message with ONLY text, or a short message followed by a photograph, are likely to download completely. A message with a video file will look like a humongous 50 MB message, and download may stop at say 10 MB, hence the stoppage on video playback.

When you download the attached video file, your e-mail client is explicitly telling the server "You have to give me every last byte of this message!", which is why your video file was saved correctly, and afterwards plays in its entirety from local storage.

3. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

Thank You