1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

videos to dvd

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by noiceoice, Nov 30, 2003.

1. noiceoice

noiceoice Guest

I don't know too much about computers so I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a DVD burner on my computer and the program DVD X Copy Gold, and I want to put old home videos onto DVD. How would I go about getting the videos onto my computer so I can burn them to DVD? Do I need a video card or anything? If so could you make some suggestions on what I should get? I would like to stay under $100 if possible.
    If you can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2003
  2. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello noiceoice, There are many threads here did mention the different ways of input VHS to PC using USB Dazzle DVC150, Movie box like Canopus 100 and PCI card Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Deluxe/Expert. For solution of below $100 budget, the Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Deluxe should be the one, moreover it is also a TV tuner and with FM too http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/57488 . There is a pretty good review here http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/leadtek-2000-expert/ .By the way, if you are transferring movie from VHS, you might want to check out some info in the forum regarding macrovision protection or copyright stuff. I believe when you were posting a new thread, the system did highlight to you to check out others in the forum before submitting yours.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2003
  3. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello guys, Just for your info that Leadtek has only 1 card that is 10 bit decoder and that is the WinFast TV2000 XP Expert. I bought it yesterday and the performance is really superb but the only inconvenience is the downloading of latest driver and PVC software inorder to work perfectly because I heard that the supplied CD software has quite afew problems. Anyway, I did not use the CD at all so I'm not too sure.