1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

videos to zen vision M mp3 player

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by kmplicsw, Feb 10, 2007.

1. kmplicsw

kmplicsw Guest

I recently purchased a 30GB Zen Vision M, but have not figured out how to put some of my dvd's on it. I have not been able to put any video content on it. Where I can get info on how to load videos to this player. Any help would be appreciated.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You should probably use something like CloneDVD mobile to convert your DVDs to a compatible format.. I see it supports Creative Labs ZEN. It has a 21 day free trial.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

AfterDawn - Apple iPod Video Guide

They have a forum for this software at Slysoft so you could probably get the specific how-to info there as well.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  3. kmplicsw

kmplicsw Guest

Thanks, I will check into that

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I just got my Vision M yesterday and this is how I converted a couple of movies so far with a trial of CloneDVD Mobile with AnyDVD running in the background...

CloneDVD Mobile gives you a bunch of options on the opening window. I selected the "Zen Vision" option:

[​IMG]

The second screen allows you to browse for the movie and then select various titles. I selected the main movie title only, which was selected by default. I may try a movie with a menu at some point but I don't do it for my regular DVD backups so I saw no reason to do it here.

[​IMG]

The third screen is the Audio and Subtitle screen. I selected AC-3/6 audio and no subtitles. CloneDVD mobile will convert the audio into MP3.

[​IMG]

The next screen is the Output Method screen. I used the default settings. Then I selected "Go!" to start the process. It took about 80 minutes to complete.

[​IMG]

Once that was done I connected the Vision M to the PC via the USB cable and docking attachment.

Then I opened the Zen Vision M Media Explorer software and selected "Add Media" from the main menu:

[​IMG]

This opens the "Select Folder to Import" window. from there it was simply a matter of browsing for the .avi files that CloneDVD Mobile had made.
    Transferring the file only takes a minute and places them in the video folder in the Vision M.

Here is the summary of the .avi:

[​IMG]

I took it to work today and had the FM radio playing all day. I "borrowed" a set of PC speakers and plugged them into the headphone jack. I need to see what other options are available for it. I did get the optional case but when I put it in, the fit was so tight that it depressed the buttons and I couldn't turn it off or on. I thought I was going to break it trying to get it back out.

It took me a while to get the feel for the touch pad buttons and how the menus are laid out. But I finally started getting a feel for them.

So far this little player has been pretty cool.

FYI, I've suggested that this thread should be moved to a different forum.

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

6. alkz

alkz Guest

OK, first off....f@#* clonedvd mobile!
    IRIVERTER is your key to success...
    Easy to use, easy to put ANY dvd on your ZVM and absolutely FREE!

7. alkz

alkz Guest

P.s. this is coming from a dude who has had a ZVM for almost a year now...
    If you need help on anything then you can ask me or go to 'epizenter' (google it) and you can get all the help you need with your ZVM!

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Go act and child somewhere else alkz, I have no patience for it. If one can't summon enough maturity and common sense to show common decency on a public forum then I don't want to see their nick anymore.

'Sup Frank. Good to see you my friend.

Carry on good people :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007