1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Videos with AC3 Audiotrack won't play

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Mathias81, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Mathias81

Mathias81 Member

Hello 2 everybody!

i got no sound when playing video files that contain an AC3 Audio track with the WMP12 on Windows 7. The video itself is intact as it plays well on my Laptop. The problem occurs on my Desktop PC. Both, the Desktop and the Laptop are from DELL and they are running the same Software and operating system. NO additional codecs have been installed on the laptop. I've tried to further examine the problem using GSpot. Upon loading the video File, GSpot tells me that all necessary codecs are installed. after further testing GSpot produces the following error messages on step 2:

(Src)-->>--(A)-->[AVI Splitter]>--(B)-->[CyperLink Audio Wizard ]>--(C)-->[Default DirectSound Device ]
    Failed to connect Output pin 0x0af5a4b4 ("Scr Media") on CRASH.avi to input pin 0x023f1414 ("input pin") on filter 0x045dc62b ("AVI Splitter"). Connectdirect() failed Error: 0x8004022a: (unknown)

(Src)-->>--(A)-->[AVI Splitter]>--(B)-->[CyperLink Audio Decoder ]>--(C)-->[Default DirectSound Device ]
    Failed to connect Output pin 0x0af8ad7c ("Scr Media") on CRASH.avi to input pin 0x023fed9c ("input pin") on filter 0x045dc62b ("AVI Splitter"). Connectdirect() failed Error: 0x8004022a: (unknown)

(Src)-->>--(A)-->[AVI Splitter]>--(B)-->[Microsoft DTV Audio Decoder ]>--(C)-->[Default DirectSound Device ]
    Failed to connect Output pin 0x0af8f194 ("Scr Media") on CRASH.avi to input pin 0x023fee44 ("input pin") on filter 0x045dc62b ("AVI Splitter"). Connectdirect() failed Error: 0x8004022a: (unknown)

There appear to be connection problems between the windows media player itself and the AVI splitter. The strange thing is that this error messages even show up with video files that play without a problem. After a little research on the web, I found that is has been suggested to users with similar problems to unregister the file "QUARTZ.DLL" (which basically contains the AVI splitter) by using Regserv32 and then to register that file again. Doing so did not help. Since the playback had been working at some point, I uninstalled all windows updates but this didn't help either. I'd really like to use WMP12 for the playback of these video files and since the file plays well on my laptop with no additional software, I got reason to believe that there must be a way to get this working. I really hope somebody can help me.

Thank you for your answers in advance

2. attar

attar Senior member

It looks like the filters are turned off or unregistered.

You can run Win7DSFilterTweaker_4_4, the Tweaks pane and make sure that DTV Audio Decoder (the first item is not disabled).
    I think MP12 uses the above by default, then rolls over to the next available.
    Then try and register those CyberLink items.

3. Mathias81

Mathias81 Member

The DTV audio Decoder is not diabeled. Also, the CyberLink Decoders are registered, but it still doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011