1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Videos with multiple tracks

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ieronimus, Feb 17, 2007.

1. ieronimus

ieronimus Member

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting because everything else I needed to know I found pretty easily. Anyway, my problem is this: How do you get a video that has multiple tracks to play just one track? I have a movie that has French, Japanese, English, etc. dubbing, and I want it to play just the English. Is there a player where you can choose, or a setting in WMP or anything?

Thanks.

2. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

what do you mean by 'video'

do you mean you have a DVD movie with multiple Audio tracks - that quite common - simply use the audio control to select the relevant audio track that you wish to hear (by listening to them you should be able to discern which one that is...).

or do you mean you have a AVI/DIVX/MOV file that has multiple audio tracks - again most PC based players will allow you to select the Audio track you wish to hear, but how varies depending on the specific software used.

or do you mean you have a VHS tape with multiple audio tracks - never heard of that, so cant really help..!

3. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

in other words - what player are you using?

4. ieronimus

ieronimus Member

It is an avi file and I was using Windows Media Player 10.

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

WMP (being a POS) doesn't have a stream splitter built in, so all audio streams play at once. You need to install a 3rd party splitter (eg. Morgan Stream Switcher) or use a player which can natively handle it such as Media Player Classic or mplayer.

6. ieronimus

ieronimus Member

That worked, thanks!