1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vidomi spyware

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by duane13, Mar 4, 2003.

1. duane13

duane13 Guest

I was reading through some old threads and came across a recommendation for the xvid player Vidomi. All versions of this player come with a keystroke recording spyware! I was shocked when Pest Patrol found it and removed it from my download that came directly from Vidomi (unfortunately, a couple weeks after installation), and the spyware is common knowledge in various chat rooms. Beware!

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I'll be sure to email Chickenman about this one (ROFLMAO), It's a good idea to provide some legitimate proof.

Shoey

3. duane13

duane13 Guest

Yeah, I suppose some proof would make my assertation more credible. I know Pest Patrol creates a log, but I've never viewed it after it cleaned my pc. (Can't do it now because I'm not at that pc right now.) I will see if i can find that and post a portion of it. Meanwhile, why don't you dl Vidomi and check it? This is a serious security issue that all should be aware of. I'm not playing around here. Also, log on to the "movies horror movies" chat room in winmx and ask about it.

4. t3hNeo

t3hNeo Member

I uninstalled it after it tried to connect to the internet right before it asked me if I wanted to.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You uninstalled "it" after you tried to connect to the internet? Vidomi is just a DivX player& encoder.

Shoey