1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

View Movies From Laptop on Projector

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by slackerlo, Mar 30, 2005.

1. slackerlo

slackerlo Member

I am having trouble viewing movies from my laptop on my projector. Any ideas on settings I can change to fix it?

I can view DVDs from my real DVD Player on the projector using an svideo cable.

I can view my laptop (except movies) on my projector using svideo or vga cables.

When I run my movies from WinDVD or PowerDVD I can only see the XP desktop and the software dvd player controls on the projector. The actual movie shows up on the projector as a black box. The movie is actually visible on the laptop screen.

Projector is Epson PowerLite s1+
    Laptop is Compaq Presario

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. slackerlo

slackerlo Member

Well here is what happened later in the evening...

I went to the display settings->advanced and found a setting for hardware acceleration on the video card. It's an ATI rage card. I modified the acceleration from FULL to NONE and viola, video onthe projector showed up. But it was choppy. I managed to get the video to show with approx 40% hardware acceleration )instead of NONE or FULL. However, the video was slghtly in slow motion. Not enjoyable. The laptop is a 600MHz intel processor. So I guess I'm stuck. I tried it with the 3GHz desktop and it worked like a champ.

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

It's always a great sense of accomplishment when you find your own solutions. One just hopes that it doesn't get to fustrating in the process...;-)